Is Project Runway a recognized religion yet?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I am so jealous that I did not a) go to Paris, and b) go to Paris and eat dinner with Tim Gunn. How is life so unfair?

The task at hand is to make a couture gown, which apparently you need a permission slip signed by the UN and president of France to do, AND to do it in 2 days. Jeffrey's goal was to make something 'happy, joyous and free' and if by that he means 'ugly, yellow and repulsive' then I guess he accomplished it. I was worried for Laura, her dress looked fancy but not couture. I thought perhaps she was sabotaging herself on purpose since her pregnancy was beginning to affect her. And who shows like that at 3 months? Maybe she's having triplets. And congratulations to Wincent- he's beginning to show too! His wifebeater gave it away.

On to the boat ride. The clear winner here is Catherine Malandrino. Her dress was STUNNING. I loved it. Loved it! Still love it. I have to say, I rather liked Kayne's gold extravaganza, particularly the lacing up the back. Jeffrey's was abhorrent to the trillionth degree. I might perhaps have liked it a little more if it hadn't been yellow. And it was cut so high- I think I saw underpants. Knight Rider was right to be "sweatin' like a whore in church" cause that dress was not only not finished, it was not flattering. Uli's was fancy and appropriate, and I disagree with her that it looked better in Paris. I think it looked better on the American model because she's more stacked.

Wincent is going home! For once I agree with Nina Bitchcia- the back of his dress should have been the front. He's clearly crazy but I learned to like things about him, such as his concern for people's feelings, love of sweet Bradley, and balls-out craziness. Good luck, Wincent! This time you really did get yourself off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home