Is Project Runway a recognized religion yet?

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finally, the fates permitted me to watch last week's episode. I was looking forward to this one for weeks, ever since Bravo first ran the commercials with Tim Gunn knocking on the door in Atlas. Who would go? Would it be Michael, since they give him such little air time anyway? Laura, because no one wants to see her ribcage anymore? Or Angela, just cuz?

Of course it was Keith, for being too smug. Or for having books, whichever. I lost track, because it was so anti-climactic after all that anticipation. The most interesting thing about it was that he had left the show for hours, and his reason for leaving was that Vincent was yelling at him for having the books. Hmm, you think he went to do some drugs? He said he didn't expect to be kicked off, and 'I had a lot of tricks up my sleeve still.' Such as... offering Heidi free baby clothes forever? Serving Tim Gunn breakfast in bed? 'Cause it ain't going to be your outfits that win, boyfriend.

Enough about Keithgate. I am liking Laura more and more. At first I didn't like her at all and I couldn't figure out why, but I'm discovering that I really dislike looking at her boniness. When that is covered up, we're like best friends. She was pregnant during the filming, and if this is how she looks pregnant, I'd be afraid to see how bony she is regularly.

Sweet, sweet Bradleybear. He is my favorite on the show currently. I'll pretend like I haven't seen last night's episode yet and say that I hope he never gets kicked off, because I heart him so.

A question for you, Robert- what is with the wifebeaters? You're a DESIGNER. Design something for yourself that doesn't look like you've been hanging out in the Monster on Open Bar Thursdays. You changed into a suit before the judging- is that because it looks better? Go with that.

In general I wasn't impressed with any of the clothes from this challenge except Bonnie's outfit. Perhaps I'm stuck in the 70s but I liked the jacket and the cowl neck sweater, and didn't mind the pants. Robert's outfit was horrible. Was that a drawstring raincoat? That's wrong. And maybe I missed the allure of Alison/ Jeffrey's hangy armhole shirt, but to me it looked like the model woke up late and had to run out the door half-dressed. Angela... how I dislike you and your clothes. Those are all the words I have for you.

Until next week, by which I mean later this week, keep on keepin' on, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home