Is Project Runway a recognized religion yet?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can't we all just get along?

Finally, weeks after it was on, I am commenting on the Mom episode. I've been busy and unmotivated.

First, I TOTALLY called this challenge. I wrote in an email to my friend Philip that day that I thought the designers would be designing for their moms. How cute were those moms?! Kayne's mom said she was going to walk the runway like the models, and embarrass Kayne. Sassy! Angela's mom Darlene looks really young. Jeff's mom reveals he was a drug addict and alcoholic. Fine, but does that mean he can be nasty to people? Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The trip to Tavern on the Green with Joan Kors proved fun and educational. We learned that Knight Rider was an adorable child, Laura is pregnant, and Jeffrey was not entirely unattractive in his teen years. I guess it took time to really let the nasty personality shine through. And if I had a dollar for every time someone drinks champagne on Project Runway, I'd be able to buy . . . well, something expensive.

Wincent was impressed with Uli's mom Heidi's 'European flair.' I'm pretty sure that's because she's from Europe, fool.

How cool is Laura, saying she'll throw the new baby on the pile with the rest? I love this woman.

On to the workroom. Jeffrey seriously needs to chill. I don't think Momgela was trying to set him up at all, I think he never bothered to ask her if she liked what he was making because he didn't care. He even said he didn't care if she liked it. In the words of Erasure, a little respect, people! He shouldn't have been rude to someone's mom, someone's mom who is in the room with him, and someone's mom who is in the room with him while his OWN mom is also in the room. So, so wrong. And why didn't Momrey smack him down, instead of telling Momgela to make the best of it, or whatever lame-ass thing she said? It's not right, no matter how much anyone dislikes Angela. Even Santino wouldn't have spoken to a mom like that, and his mom would have beat him if he had.

Jeffrey said Momgela looked cute, which is wrong. She looked horrible and he knew it. I liked Uli's outfit, it really fancied up Momyne, and she should have won. Knight Rider and Wincent had the advantage of working with the slim ladies, and I liked both of theirs but didn't love either one. Robert- back to Blah City! Laura's was kind of blah to me too, surprisingly. Bravo to Momli for coming here, without speaking any English, to parade around in a possibly awful dress on international television. What a gal.

I predicted Uli would win, and was wrong, but I correctly predicted Robert would be out. And what a sweet goodbye from his girlfriend Kayne! Who will he trash talk Laura with from now on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home