Is Project Runway a recognized religion yet?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Last Friday in the NY Daily News there was a blind item that read thusly:

"Which reality contestant who just got kicked off the show was targeted
over a more deserving deportee because the program's hostess hated her
so much?"

Oh, hm. Let me think about that one. I've no idea!

Perhaps Heidi Klum didn't lke sharing the young blond spotlight with Alison (Uli doesn't count, because she's older than Heidi). Or perhaps she got the same rich-girl prep-school I-can-finance-my-clothing-line-with-my-trust-fund vibe off her that I did. Either way, sayonara to Alison. She was clearly peeved to be off the show, and to have Angela outlive her, to boot. Don't fret- hopefully Angela will join you this week.

I thought this challenge was going to be something to do with Newark Airport, because Tim said they needed closed-toe shoes, and were headed for Jersey. Laura gets mad props for commenting on Jersey's hideousness; I knew I liked this woman. So Kayne grew up dumpster-diving. This did not surprise me, and made me like him more until all the snipey remarks about Laura, while in the nosh room with Robert AND backstage at the runway AND in the workroom. Then Laura and Vincent fighting... Tim Gunn with the unkind words about the 'fat' model.. what is happening? Bradley gets sent home and the cattiness increases like fifteenfold- clearly he held the workroom's mystical happy force in his fuzzy blond hands.

Vincent gets crazier and crazier but at the same time, more sympathetic. He is kind of aggravating to watch but is probably fun to be friends with. So Robert recycles plastic and exboyfriends.. been there, sister.

On to the clothes. Nothing impressed me this week, except Kayne's. I have to say, I really dug it. I didn't care for Knight Rider's and don't know why the judges flipped out about it. Didn't Kathy Bates wear that dress in Fried Green Tomatoes? Her husband didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. Vincent said he made 'a gay old party dress,' but I don't know any gay folk who would wear that. Alison's dress was okay, and did look like a paper brioche, but why is that bad? If the model is indeed 'plus-sized,' she would probably enjoy looking like a brioche. Michael Kors said Jeffrey's was 'ugly-beautiful.' How about just ugly? Or how about horrifically, run-away-screaming ugly?

So Knight Rider wins again, Alison leaves, Angela goes back to Atlas and casts yet another blindness spell on the judges. And I sit on my floor contemplating life, pizza, and Bradley's importance in the metaphysical Project Runway universe, not necessarily in that order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home